Wednesday, September 18, 2013

PRO-FRIENDS: A trip to the new city

I was not a big planner by nature. I like taking things as they come along and savor the extemporaneous thrill that life could offer until I saw a video in PRO-FRIENDS YouTube account which i happen to come across with accidentally. It was a chill Saturday afternoon, I got nothing to do and there are no prospects of going out later that night. So I turned my computer on, pulled up YouTube and instinctively typed in the word Friends on the YouTube search field. I was actually thinking about my old favorite T.V sitcom Friends; I wanted to go through the old episodes for a re-run marathon. I watched several episodes for a few hours until it was time for me to switch to another user uploaded video. After switching over, the Profriends YouTube channel appeared on the right side of my screen under the suggested videos section. I thought the computer was just probably thinking that I am looking for clips that had the word friends on them.

Out of curiosity and of course following my instincts, I clicked on the link, the video was ANC’s open house segment episode 7 that features Lancaster New City (formerly Lancaster Estates) so instead of keeping on with my Friends re-runs marathon, I went on to watch a Profriends segment instead. The 30-minute magazine show is hosted by respected ABS-CBN news correspondent Jing Castaῆeda and Chase Tinio, a commercial model, chef and entrepreneur. The show’s main purpose is to provide valuable information to Filipinos about the subject of choosing and buying a home. It was a very interesting show. It got me hooked to the point that I went on and watched the other episodes as well. After watching several episodes, I figured that Profriends is perhaps the best real estate developer there is in the country right now. I mean for people like Jing and Chase to have their names associated with the company and promoting it, that must be something right? The show was really enticing and after watching it, I began to ponder on the idea of owning my own house. I have been renting for quite a while, that’s ever since I started my journey in the corporate world and that was around 10 years ago. That is how long I have been paying almost 10 grands for a condo unit that is not going to be transferred to my name in the end. I thought why not give the idea of home buying a shot. While watching the Lancaster New City segment on the ANC show, there was this house model Sophie that captured my fancy. It is a single detached home with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a one car garage.

 It seemed like a very compact but spacious house perfect for bachelors like me who are also looking to have a family in the future. I also like that Sophie provides a bigger lot area that can accommodate room additions and other similar modifications in the future. When I had my tripping, the place looks far better than when I saw it on the video clips (usually it was the other way around). I couldn’t be any happier with my decision to go with Lancaster New City.

No comments:

Post a Comment